Kingwood Church has now reopened its campus for a Sunday morning family worship service.
- This initial phase of our reopening will involve our family worship service and our new “Mother’s Lounge” only.
- Our service time is 10:30 am (foreseeable future)
- Our new Cleaning Team will disinfect surfaces in the sanctuary (including pew fabric), main foyer, restrooms, door handles, and water fountains. If you’d like to be a part of the Cleaning Team, here’s more information.
- We will open the facility for worshippers at 10:10 am for the 10:30 am service. If you arrive earlier, please remain in your vehicle until the doors open.
- There will be no on campus Nursery (O-3), Elementary (K4-5th) or E-Middle services (6th-8th), LifeGroups, or Kingwood Joe’s.
- Senior parking is available at the Church Office entrance.
- Face masks are optional.
- Please allow our volunteers to open doors.
- For the present season, hugs and handshakes will be replaced by waves and smiles.
- You and your household will be seated by our usher team. This new procedure will mean waiting in a socially-distanced line in the main foyer until you are seated.
- Our worship time will look as normal as possible. However, we will not be able to allow worshippers to come into the altar area during this time.
- No offering bags will be passed. Please use online platforms or offering boxes in the main foyer. Our giving kiosk has been removed.
- Ushers will facilitate dismissal. We ask that attenders not congregate in the foyer.
We understand that not everyone is comfortable resuming in person worship gatherings at this time. Your decision on whether to join us in person or online each Sunday should be based on a self-evaluation of the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms? (cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever in the last 48 hours, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours)
- Do you feel more vulnerable due to age, health factors, or other concerns?
If the answer to any of these is “YES,” please take advantage of our online church service.
These restrictions may seem overly burdensome and inefficient, but we believe our approach provides a balance of faith and wisdom in the initial stages of our campus reopening. We anticipate these specific protocols being in place through at least the end of June, at which point we will make adjustments as appropriate and as permitted by public health directives.